Saturday 25 July 2020

Autumn Glory


Todays weather got me thinking about Autumn so I decided to re do the Shanty stamp this time part Autumn theme to represent the changing of the seasons.


I had some off cuts of mount board so decided to experiment with how well it would hold watercolour paints or inks. I have added how I built up the scene and what colours I have used.



The above photo shows a range of inks for painting and the colour ink I used to stamp out the Shanty path and eventually the cute animals and twigs.



To start with I used  Stormy sky and let it drop in to the wet damp board as I stated this is not as easy as with watercolour paper for the water absorbes the board faster. then adding a watered down wash of Fired brick then Wild honey and finally Scattered straw.



I added a little more fired brick to the sky then adding some peeled paint to create shadow. The distant shrubs are using wild honey and a watery bundled sage.



Continued to build and use a mix of wild honey and peeled paint for the grass areas.



Now adding the branches of trees and some hares using versafine clair acorn ink what got missed I was able to use my pro marker alcohol ink in chocolate worked fine. I added some drops of spiced marmalade to give the effect of falled leaves and the moss and ivy on the shanty turning Autumn looking.



Darkening down the area where the hares are and around the path painting the shanty to look a bit weathered like faded wood panels continue to bring in more shadows and shaded areas.



For the final part of the scene I added some leaves using 2 different coloured clair inks and using spiced marmalade distress ink using the dots stamp. Adding some ivy berries and mushrooms to the foreground. Scattered around are tiny flowers and berries in the roof of the shanty. Finally to distress around the top using faded jeans and around the bottom half using peeled paint.


I really enjoy creating these little scenes they are fun to create and very relaxing, unless you have a happy mistake. What every you are creating enjoy and experiment. Keep well.

Holly

4 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. You are true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the lovely comment I am still learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for giving details on how to create this great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cottage scene is really beautiful and idyllic. The colors, the sky, the framing, just all so nice. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete