Thursday 30 April 2020

Altered Book Journal


Being more creative

I have discovered journaling during the past few months, I was never really interested when my crafting friends were full of glee over buying all size of journals and creating pages for them. I did enjoy making one using a sizzix die designed by the lovely Eileen Hull, who actually I met last Summer. Eileen completed a around the UK paper trail. It was a great day lots of creativity making a fabric journal cover and fabric pages. This lead me to creating another style of journal in the form of an altered book. The book was called There and back again, so it seemed ideal to journal in it.


Hoping for some fun

I wanted the pages to still show the story or should I say biography of Sean Astin who played one of the hobbits in Lord of the rings. Using pastel watercolour shades as a background allows the test to still be seen in places. I used Tim Holtz paper dolls coloured with alcohol markers, added some flower stamps and coloured in with paints, using decorative stamps for borders and I have a cheerful journal page.



Merman in Time


I could not resist my next page the beautiful merman stamp by Pink Ink. Using watercolour paints for the background very faintly then using the paint to colour him in. I finished up with creating certain effects using acrylic paint pens and posca pens. My book was beginning to look nice and I have loads of pages to complete. What ever you are making or creating have fun relax and enjoy.

Stay Safe Keep Well

Holly Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment