Saturday 23 May 2020

The Faerie Pool


Thought I would share the best I could of how I created this scene. I originally followed a tutorial for another scene that I will add next. So I sprayed some inks onto some card I used 300 gsm card for the scenes, spritz with some water or mist and place another piece of card on top and press together. Then pull apart to see what card has come out the best. I thought I would keep the other card and cut it up to make more scenes.


The above photo is that other bit of card cut up to the bits I thought I could use. To set the sun or you might want it to be a moon, I used just a brush and water to remove the ink leave for a few seconds then gently place paper towel over, you can do this as many times as you wish or until you are happy with it.


This is the piece of card I wanted to use. I wanted to do a waterfall in the scene so using the same technique I used a wet brush to shape and remove ink. If you do it wrong or brush in the wrong area just go over again with that colour ink. Sometimes it leaves a sort of stain but you can always cover that as the scene progresses. You are actually removing and replacing your inks to begin with. Once happy with a vision of how or where my waterfall will be placed I continue to build the scene.


Sorry about the quality of the above photo I used my webcam to take a quick snap of it for reference. As you can see I am starting to build my waterfall and added some rocks in the water, I added some ivy hanging down from the ravine as well. This would be slightly changed in the finished scene.
I used watercolour paints to fill in the rocks using grey and black as well as olive green.


I continued to build and build using layers of paints to create the foliage falling over the ravine and waterfall. Using ultramarine in the water then watering it down to get the misty look. Using my white pen drawing lines to give the effect of it falling, just to say before that paint pen dries I wipe my finger over it to blend it in. For the rocks in the water I used dark grey light grey and olive green, to highlight I used my white paint pen and blended. The hardest part was getting the faerie to show, she was quite dark as I stamped her in a deep purple colour, so I used white gel pen to highlight her. Using the pen in the water too and added shade to the rocks in the water. The tree and leaves represent over grown foliage. Using different colours of inks to stamp will give depth. To finish I love to add some colour so using acrylic paint pens I dotted around the waterfall and in the foliage. I really loved her wings but they just did not show so I have to colour them in sad to say as I love this Faerie called Oona. I have given details below of where you can purchase these beautiful stamps.

Happy Crafting

Holly

Various stamps are available from Lavinia Stamps https://laviniastamps.com/
Including Versafine inks for stamping and various water based inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment