Tuesday 16 June 2020

Journal with Dies and Watercolours



I have been working on my journal for sometime now, creating various scenes, using my paints and inks to get some good backgrounds. My journal is an old book, I might have mentioned it before, a really good hard back book with many pages. I decided to remove some and then glue 3 pages together for a stronger base.
My first scene I wanted you use a combination of mediums so it was sort of mix media in design. I had been given a set of Tim Holtz dolls of which I love and at present time rather addicted to them all. As you can see by the image below.


To start with I wanted a background with texture so I added some mod paste through stencils. Leaving this to dry for some hours, coming back the next day to add colour.
I used watercolour based inks for the background, I used Dylusions ink spray fresh lime, lemon zest and Tim Holtz mermaid lagoon distress spray, adding lots of water misting to get a nice blended effect. Once dry I stamped scripts in acorn colour versafine Clair ink. 
I picked out 3 suitable girl dolls 2 sitting to add to the tree branches and 1 standing in the flower beds. The wings I cut from one of Tim's background papers, the larger wings are from Tim's tissue paper, adding some colour using my paints. The larger flowers are hessian these were already cut and in the basics range, I used the white so I could ink them. All other flowers and branches etc are from a set of flower funky dies made by Sizzix, I will add links below to these. Finally to fill in the gaps I added some stamped hanging ivy to complete as well as adding some dots and blades of grass using posca pens. I hope you like. This scene is to represent my crafting friends Vicky and Jo and myself all a bit lost for 2 of us are isolated due to health issues. 
What ever you are doing keep safe and stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment